NOTICE FOR FAMILIES REGARDING CORONAVIRUS
HOW CORONAVIRUS MAY AFFECT FUNERALS
We are now limiting visitors to our office, so until further notice our office will be closed other than for necessary appointments.
our phones will still be answered as normal. if you have any questions please call on 01491 825222.
While we are awaiting further guidance from the government The church of England has issued the statement linked below:
This has never been known before and our hearts go out to anyone who has been bereaved at this time... we are working hard to keep everyone informed and up to date.
We would like to provide reassurance that our commitment to caring for bereaved people and their loved ones will remain steadfast throughout this period of uncertainty and disruption.
In our efforts to protect families and everyone involved in arranging funerals, we are implementing a range of infection control options in line with the latest advice given by Public Health England. We are also working with partners, such as Minister's, Celebrants, local crematoria and burial grounds, to ensure we comply with their coronavirus procedures.
As such, we find ourselves in a position of increased risk to health, and at risk of furthering the spread of coronavirus, we will now be taking the following actions:
● Funeral arrangements are to be made entirely over the phone, with a visit to a controlled area of our office for form signing with limited face-to-face contact. We are not be able to conduct arrangements at clients’ homes or other venues.
● No funerals will be arranged until registration of the death has been carried out.
● Services at any venue could be cancelled. This could result in funeral services at crematoria being ‘live-streamed’ via the internet. We would provide advice aimed at ensuring everyone who needs to view the service is able to do so.
● Service times at crematoria could be adjusted and/or reduced to allow for increased demand for services.
● Limousine travel is cancelled. This means the family of the deceased and mourners making their own way to the place of the funeral.
● Staff sharing. In the event of widespread staff illness, we have a contingency plan in place with other local family-run and well-respected funeral directors to share personnel if required.
● Rest assured you will still see the same high standards of care and professionalism from all of our partner organisations.
● Viewings. We have to protect our clients and staff by restricting viewings.
● We would be unable to conduct any ‘into church’ provision or ‘into house’ during this period.
● The funeral director and staff will not remain in a chapel or other venue during the service. They will remain close by, outside, ready to assist you when required.
● In the case of coronavirus related deaths, we may have to arrange a prompt funeral to prevent unnecessary storage and handling of the deceased.
● Outside organisations will impose rules and restrictions – we will adapt our working practices to follow these.
● There is currently a more limited choice of coffins.
● Crematoriums are removing hymn books and insisting that curtains are to be closed at the point of committal. They are also asking for services to be kept as small as possible.
● We would kindly ask visitors to protect themselves from infection by refraining from using the door handles.
● We have hand sanitiser and hand washing facilities in our main reception – please help us to keep you safe by using them.
● Our staff sometimes find that a client will want to give them a kiss or hug to say thank you for supporting them through a difficult time. We politely ask that you refrain from doing this during this period.
Should you still wish to visit our office, we kindly request:
Please do not visit us if you are displaying any of the symptoms of coronavirus.
Please do not visit if you have come into contact with someone with coronavirus.
Please do not visit if you have visited the “risk” countries within the last 14 days or have come into contact with people returning from those countries within the last 14 days.
Please do not visit if feeling generally unwell.
We thank you for your understanding at this very testing time.
We will endeavor to keep you informed of any changes as soon as possible
If you have any Questions please call us on 01491825222
Useful Links for up to date guidance
Church of England
● Many thanks to H Porter & Sons for their help in the preparation of this notice.
OUR FAMILY IS HERE TO TAKE CARE OF YOUR FAMILY
Howard Chadwick Funeral Service is an independent family business serving Wallingford and the surrounding area of South Oxfordshire and Berkshire. We offer all types of funeral both traditional and the more unconventional. We pride ourselves in providing an individual service. We give help and professional advice to anyone at what can be a very difficult time. We endeavour to carry out your wishes to a professional standard.
We are members of SAIF and uphold their code of Conduct. We are experienced in arranging funerals for all religions and beliefs; we have conducted and arranged funerals throughout the United Kingdom and can also make arrangements for the transport of the deceased to and from abroad.
We also offer The Golden Charter pre-paid funeral plans if you wish to plan and pay for your funeral in advance.
Please get in touch for any further information.